1.12.10

potions of deception

i've just written a christmas list on the insistence of my mother, who still spoils my siblings and i like royalty during the holiday season. the other day i mentioned how awesome advent calendars are- being the nostalgic nymph that i am- and the next day she went out and bought one for me. i feel like i'm 5 years old!

my point is that while i thought of things i possibly need but mostly want, i started to think about my favourite beauty products. so,
here's a list of products that keep me happy and keep my beau in love (i don't care if he says he likes me without makeup!):

benefit's georgia face powder. benefit's powder boxes aren't necessarily blushes, but they de-zombify my face and they last forever. hoola is a ridiculous bronzer (without all the random sparkle) and dandelion is a darker, pinker version of georgia.

M.A.C's cyber lipstick. it looks intimidating, but it's super-versatile. its not too shiny, and it hangs onto your lips for dear life. it works for pale vampires and tanned cholas. trust. (i'm wearing it in my blog pic)

i frickin' love marc jacobs. alas, this is the only thing i can afford. it's a special edition of the original spring-forest-fairytale fragrance, and it just looks epic.

i'm also partial to katy perry's new fragrance, but only because i adore the kitty-shaped violet bottle. have yet to smell it.
for original, devilish and surprisingly literary scents, i've been obsessed with Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab (http://www.blackphoenixalchemylab.com/ and @bpal on twitter). a stylish friend told me that their sampler is the good shit.
i probably don't even have to tell you about this one. it's crack. i'm not sure how many tubes of this i've eaten but i'm going to be eternally minty. i even sneak it onto my beau's lips while he's sleeping. once i lost a tin of it and i completely freaked out. my housemates had to buy me a new one before i could function normally again. i'll stop now.


colour supplements from lush. i just found out about these. for shame. while they may not be beautifully-named (my shade is "dark yellow" , which sounds like i have a jaundice issue), these pots are pretty inexpensive and dang fresh. i use that in the most gangsta way possible.

-peach

No comments:

Post a Comment